1.2 stable release

Hi,

I have read the new release model information (VyOS release model change) - I was just wondering if there are any release notes available for the rolling releases? Secondly, is there a 1.2 release version considered stable or long term?

Upgrading from 1.1.8 to 1.2 has resolved one of the long standing IPSec issues I have been dealing with and I am very keen to upgrade all my instances to 1.2. I am just looking for the most stable version - if possible.

Thanks

Hi avdvyver!

regarding release-notes i don’t know,
But, yea it is a long term release of 1.2, but iso’s are not public for it. to get the long term iso you need to pay for support, do some development for vyos or compile your own image.

Please take a look here:

Thanks - but I am confused - I use the AWS instance from the marketplace - which I pay for. Is the 1.2 release on that AMI (Built on: Tue 29 Jan 2019 13:41 UTC) then considered stable? Or how does it work?

was just wondering if there are any release notes available for the rolling releases?

There are no release notes as such, since they are just built nightly. We will be making some kind of notes for “snapshot” releases.
You can track tasks closed in the current/1.3.x branch at ⚓ Query: Advanced Search

Secondly, is there a 1.2 release version considered stable or long term?

1.2.x is stable and long term. The AMIs we make available on the marketplace are made from the latest LTS release, right now 1.2.0, soon it will be 1.2.1.
ISO images are available for subscribers, or if you build one yourself from the crux branch.

Thanks for clarifying