10gbit vm

[color=#ffffff]Been looking at playing with 10gbit over the last 24 hours. My searching lead me here. I would like some feedback on my plans before I go out and start buying.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]I am considering buying 3 of these. MHQH29C-XTR-ConnectX-2’s to put into a system as the “switch”[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Mellanox Mhqh29c-xtr Connectx2 VPI QSFP IB 40gbs and 10gige Adapter Card for sale online | eBay
[color=#ffffff]$150[/color]

[color=#ffffff]3 of these for my other PCs: MNPA19-XTR[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://www.ebay.com/itm/671798-001-666172-001-MNPA19-XTR-HP-10GB-ETHERNET-NETWORK-INTERFACE-CARD-W-CABLE-/282042392246?hash=item41ab095eb6:g:URMAAOSwcgNZGfAd[/color]
[color=#ffffff]$60 [/color]

[color=#ffffff]plus a few extra cables…[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Plus a sft+ card for my synology (not immediately). [/color]

[color=#ffffff]My plan is to run Vyos inside of my exsi box as a guest os purely to manage the switching. The box has a [size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]Intel Core i7-930 @ 2.8GHz with 24GB of ram. It has 3 open PCIe slots (2x16, 1x8). I assume a single core with some ram would be plenty for it to manage 6port 10gbit switching but unsure and wanted to ask before I start down this road. My question is, do I “build” my own switch which will both be frustrating and fun or be lazy and buy something that costs at least twice as much.[/font][/size][/color]

[size=small][color=#ffffff][font=arial, sans-serif]Can anyone point me to some guides or help for what i am trying to do? Also, double check that my hardware will work ok?[/font][/color][/size]

For pure switching, it would be much much faster to get a real switch.

Thank you, after a ton more research I was leaning that way. Appreciate the quick and helpful response.