Bridge-Group command is missing

Hi!

I have a new install and the bridge-group command is missing. I followed the guide here: Bridge — VyOS 1.4.x (sagitta) documentation and it fails on the second line:

set interfaces ethernet eth0 bridge-group bridge br0

Configuration path: interfaces ethernet eth0 [bridge-group] is not valid

If I use ? I don’t see the command at all.

I am running on KVM on a supermicro board. Interfaces are showing up. Version is 1.2.5, but it show equuleus. I built the ISO from the docker instructions so maybe I missed something.

Thanks!

Hi,

did you choose the right docker container version for the build? Build VyOS — VyOS 1.4.x (sagitta) documentation shows that you should use a different docker image if you want to build crux (i.e. vyos/vyos-build:crux vs vyos/vyos-build) if I understand it correctly - just in the process of following the guide myself, so may be wrong here.

For the bridge interfaces the migrated documents for latest (Bridge — VyOS 1.4.x (sagitta) documentation
) show the bridge membership being under the bridge now, not interfaces.

The crux (1.2.X) ones - Bridging — VyOS 1.2.x (crux) documentation still mention bridge-group under interfaces.

That does look like you have a equuleus build after all.

Regards,
pptak

You have managed to build a 1.3 image. It’s easy to do, you have to ensure you change all commands to crux where appropriate. He’s what I use to build a crux image:

$ git clone -b crux --single-branch https://github.com/vyos/vyos-build
$ cd vyos-build
$ docker build -t vyos/vyos-build:crux docker

docker run --rm -it --privileged -v $(pwd):/vyos -w /vyos vyos/vyos-build:crux bash

./configure --architecture amd64 \
--build-by "me@mydomain.com" \
--build-type release --version 1.2.5-latest

sudo make iso

Thanks for the info. I thought the version was unusual. I will try the above procedure. I believe I just left out the :crux portion. I am curious why my version show 1.2.5 but it is actually 1.3. How likely is it that this will fix my original issue?

Update:
After the built the ISO correctly and loaded/installed the new image the bridging commands were there.

Thanks for your help.