How to configure multiple site-to-site VPN ?

Dear all,

I’m trying to add a second site-to-site VPN to our VyOS but I’m not sure which steps I have to repeat…

I tried to repreat only the ‘vpn ipsec site-to-site’ commands but it doesn’t work so far and I can’t find any documentation or example to follow…

Does someone has some experience that could help me ?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

FYI, here are the commands that I repeated from my first VPN site-to-site (just replaced the remote peer address from the first one):

set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB authentication mode pre-shared-secret
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB authentication pre-shared-secret XXXXXXXXXXXX
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB default-esp-group ESP
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB ike-group IKE
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB local-address AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB connection-type initiate
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB tunnel 1 esp-group ESP
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB tunnel 1 local prefix 10.0.2.0/24
set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB tunnel 1 remote prefix 192.168.100.0/24

Go for DMVPN with OSPF or with VTI that way you will be able to achieve redundancy in VPN else it would not be possible in Vyos as backup peer.

We have solved this problem…please go ahead and try it out. www.wanclouds.net (its on free trial basis)

@apc_be,

Post full config. Without it, it’s a guessing game. like: firewall rules allowing IPSEC (ike natt esp) for site1 aren’t in place for site 2