Latest rolling is broken - 1.4-rolling-202105020417

ip-link.txt (2.7 KB)

I see the same interface mixing, could you describe how I can reproduce this issue locally?
What the hypervisor?

I use ESXi 6.7u3.

1.3.rc5 works fine, as did 1.4-rolling up until recently.

If you want to remote into my environment you’re more than welcome. PM me if so.

I’m also having an issue where after reboot the default route is missing on my WAN interface.
To resolve I can simply reset the NIC and then it’s fine.

Just upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 by building an ISO last night on the current branch.

Do you get the default route via dhcp? If yes it a different issue.

Yeah mine is via DHCP. I’m not able to find a phabricator bug for this issue, would it make sense to create one?

Thanks, I can reproduce this issue on ESXi in our lab.

@artooro your bug related to rewriting FRR, more details here T3505
It is in 1.4 release. In 1.3 all works fine.

Great. Do you know the cause?

any progress with a fix?

Hello @phillipmcmahon , I’m focused on a bit different tasks. I guess it happens for some code refactoring. Maybe @jestabro or @runar can look.

Cool, thanks for the response. Not critical as running perfectly fine on 1.3-rc5. I do like running the 1.4-rolling release to help spot issues and improve the platform.

Workaround for missing DHCP default route:

set protocols static route 0.0.0.0/0 dhcp-interface eth0

Is there some progress in resolving this, and/or information on what the problem is being caused by?

@Dmitry let me know if there is anything I can do.

It’s been a few weeks since the issue was reported and happy to help with any further information so I can get back to using/test 1.4-rolling on my hardware.

Hello @phillipmcmahon , sorry for the delay. Today we together with @jestabro discussed this issue. We need time to prepare a solution.

If you need a quick fix, you can define promiscuous mode in your ESXi network. This is the reason why hypervisor drops traffic when MAC addresses were changed.

I have the enabled already as I use vlans…

FYI my vswitch settings which have been like that forever as I’m using vlans and docker on my hosts.

HI again, just checking in to see whether there has been any progress on 1.4-rolling with this interface issue?

Hello @phillipmcmahon , we have scheduled a developers meeting for 10 of Aug, so I believe we find a suitable solution. But I need to note that tasks to release 1.3 have more priority