My vyos can not ping the others

My vyos is installed and started in openstack, and when I try to ping the other VM or gateway, it failed. And I think I have configured correctly,but the vyos just can not ping the others,please help

here is my configuration:
ethernet eth0 11.11.1.41/24

and I conneted eth0 to a openstack vrouter’s interface 11.11.1.1
then I add a static route: 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 11.11.1.1

Here is my biggest problem: I ping 11.11.1.1 and it failed, I don’t know why,please help me out[attachment=76][attachment=77]

Off the top of my head, this sounds more like an OpenStack problem than a VyOS problem.

I wanna start my vyos in openstack,and I watched Brocade’s demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3WRl6-utY).And the vyos is created by press openstack horizon “creat route” button .and I try to install the Brocade Neutron L3 Plugin and my ubuntu just pop out many mistakes.I don’t know how to proceed. Can somebody help me?

Yes,I think I should add a neuthon plugin,but I don’t know whether the Brocade plugin support vyos.

Yes,I think I should add a neuthon plugin,but I don’t know whether the Brocade plugin support vyos.

I did not need any Neutron plugins to get some VyOS routers to ping each other, both these methods of spawning a VyOS host worked:

[quote=“BbC, post:3, topic:547”]1. Boot from iso, and use OpenStack’s VNC to go through the install process
2. Install on some other platform and import the (hdd) image to OpenStack[/quote]

Ping can fail in OpenStack if the security group roules do not allow icmp messages. Else there has to be a configuration error there somewhere on the hosts or in the network topology. Are you currently using any Neutron Plugins? Which steps did you take to run the VyOS routers and what does the network topology look like?

My openstack is juno and it is running in a vmware virtual environment,
1.I tried to “install system” in openstack ,and there is no sda,there is only vda accessible, so I can not finish in my openstack. I want to know if I install cinder in openstack,there is sda accessible?
2.I also tried “install system” in virtualbox in my PC, and convert to “raw” and “qcow”,Then I import the image to openstack , But there is a big problem: my vyos can’t get the eth interface that neutron give to it,and I write the eth interface in /etc/conf/conf.boot and the interfaces information show up.But I think the interfaces can’t work.I still can’t ping the others.

My openstack is juno and it is running in a vmware virtual environment,
1.I tried to “install system” in openstack ,and there is no sda,there is only vda accessible, so I can not finish in my openstack. I want to know if I install cinder in openstack,there is sda accessible?
2.I also tried “install system” in virtualbox in my PC, and convert to “raw” and “qcow”,Then I import the image to openstack , But there is a big problem: my vyos can’t get the eth interface that neutron give to it,and I write the eth interface in /etc/conf/conf.boot and the interfaces information show up.But I think the interfaces can’t work.I still can’t ping the others.

Thanks, But I don’t know how to make it work.

Thanks, But I don’t know how to make it work.

Yes, it seems that you have to assign a block device with cinder upon instance creation. But you may also have selected a Flavor without harddrive, have you tested with m1.small? m1.heat, m1.micro and m1.nano have no root disk.

The interface trouble I have no solution for, see my thread: http://forum.vyos.net/showthread.php?tid=26201
TL;DR: the persistent.net.roules file seems to be missing and I have no way of removing the interface (eth0) which was assigned in VMware (should be the same for VirtualBox)