Persistent storage?

I seem to recall (but perhaps I’m wrong – I ran 1.1.8 for so long that I can hardly remember), that my user’s home directory remained persistent across version upgrades. I noticed after migrating to 1.2-rolling, that upon each image installation my home is (re)created anew, and is empty.

I know that I can get the “old” stuff from /lib/live/mount/persistence/boot/$IMAGENAME/rw/home/$login, but this is cumbersome to copy/delete on each image installation.

This leads to a more general question, as so where one should put, for instance, scripts that should be retained when new versions are installed. For example, I have a script which downloads/updates ipsets, which is coupled to an empty firewall network-group. It looks as if I should use /opt/vyatta/etc/config/scripts/vyatta-postconfig-bootup.script to run this code, but will this be preserved across image installations ? I would prefer that my script remains standalone, and that vyatta-postconfig-bootup.script would call it, but I need a place that is persistent across image installations to house the script, and/or it be migrated with each image installation.

Is there such a directory ?

what’s about “/config/scripts” ? That is persistent.