Any changes in config disappear after reboot

It looks like my mistake was to set up the crontab with ‘@reboot screen -dmS config’ string. :confused:

After rebooting with this crontab settings, it might be that I had committed some changes in config from that screen (which presumably started with root privileges). It was some time ago so I’m not sure about that point.

So after that, any changes in the configuration that I’m generating disappear after the reboot.

I tried to remove the crontab job with “crontab -r” (got confirmed that no jobs scheduled) but got the same crontab back after the reboot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like some feature of SquashFS. :thinking:

How can I remove the crontab job in this situation, or update the VyOS’s config with the possibility to have it in place after reboot?

I have this issue on the remote system so it should be done as safe as possible :blush:

UPDATE
try to reproduce this behavior on sandbox.
crontab looks like not the reason as the screen started with crontab @reboot shows vyos on whoami request.
And there is no problem to remove crontab’s job with crontab -r in this case.

how could I got into this state? :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face:

Just update the system image

Viacheslav, thank you for your reply.
This was in plan if nothing else can fix it.
But as never done it on remote system - plan to test locally first.
Did you face something like this and system image update fixed it?

UPDATE
try to reproduce this behavior on sandbox.
crontab looks like not the reason as the screen started with crontab @reboot shows vyos on whoami request.
And there is no problem to remove crontab’s job with crontab -r in this case.

how could I got into this state? :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face:

try to update - got this Error:

vyos@host:~$ add system image vyos-host.iso
Checking SHA256 checksums of files on the ISO image… OK.
Done!
What would you like to name this image? [vyos-host]: vyos-host.fix
OK. This image will be named: vyos-host.fix
Installing “vyos-host.fix” image.
Copying new release files…
Error trying to mount a partition/directory.
Please see /tmp/install-523520.log for details.
Failed to mount new squashfs image.
vyos@netx-lwshfe:~$ cat /tmp/install-523520.log
Done!
Error trying to mount a partition/directory.
mount -o loop,ro /lib/live/mount/persistence//boot/vyos-host.fix/vyos-host.squashfs /mnt/squashfs
mount: /mnt/squashfs: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop3, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
vyos@host:~$

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.