Anyone know a way to get multicast paging to works between two seperate vyos firewalls. Point to Point

I have a location that has two buildings connected via a point to point link. Is there a way to get multicast paging to work over the point to point?

Hi @bryanrh, maybe you can reach this with gre tunnel and static routes?
Can you draw this with ip addresses/prefixes?

The Valcom SIP is listening to IP address 224.0.0.1:10008. The Valcom SIP is at 2600 Cullen in the server room, connected to the Cisco switch into a port configured to go to VLAN 2. All of our IP phones are also on VLAN 2. We program our IP phones with a DSS Key that broadcasts to the 224.0.0.1:10008 IP. The phones are also listening to that multicast IP at the same time.

So the end effect is that if a person at 2600 Cullen presses the Paging DSS Key and speaks into the handset, the other phones in the building broadcast the page through their speaker phone. The Valcom SIP also hears it, and broadcasts it to the megaphone speakers in the warehouse.

Someone at 2525 Cullen presses the Paging DSS key and speaks into the handset, the other phones in the building broadcast the page through their speaker phone.

What we need to have happen is that if someone at either address presses the DSS key, the phones at EITHER building as well as the Valcom SIP will hear the page via the multicast IP and broadcast it. For example, fire alarms, and evacuation drills require paging to both buildings at the same time.

2525 Cullen Corp 10.0.1.1 -

2600 Cullen Main 10.0.0.1 Valcom

In this case we need exactly PIM if I correct understand this task. I need time for create LAB and detail research. This very interesting question.
ps:/ PIM not implemented, but exist in our Road Map.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello @bryanrh, Basic PIM and IGMP support already in the latest rolling. Tell me, if you need additional help.