ARTICLE: Scalable and Secure VxLAN Multisite using NetBird

I’m starting a new series where I build VxLAN as a multi-tenant, multisite solution using WireGuard by way of NetBird. I intend for this to be at a minimum a 4 part series, covering:

• L3VPN
  • L2VPN
  • Multitenancy
  • Microsegmentation

I may come up with additional ideas as I write the articles, but also feel free to make requests/recommendations if there’s something you want to see covered.

Here is part 1 of the series, where I go over the initial configuration and basic single tenant L3VPN.

5 Likes

Great stuff @L0crian! Thank you for sharing your exciting new series! Building a VxLAN multi-tenant, multisite solution using WireGuard through NetBird sounds like a fascinating project. Your plan to cover topics such as L3VPN, L2VPN, Multitenancy, and Microsegmentation over a series of articles is incredibly valuable for those interested in network architecture.

I’ve just read Part 1 of your series and found the initial configuration and single tenant L3VPN overview very insightful. Keep up the great work, and thank you for sharing your knowledge with the community!

2 Likes

Here is part 2 of this series, where I cover adding L2VPN functionality to this solution:

2 Likes