Build commit ID, how to align to source code repository

Sorry if this not the right place, I’m new to the forums. I’ve tried to figure out where the Build commit ID from the VYOS rolling release is found in the github repository? So if I have the following below, how do I find the repository and commit in github?

Version: VyOS 1.4-rolling-202303170317
Release train: current

Built by: autobuild@vyos.net
Built on: Fri 17 Mar 2023 03:17 UTC
Build UUID: 45391302-1240-4cc7-95a8-da8ee6390765
Build commit ID: e887f582cfd7de

Thanks
Andrew

The “Build commit ID” is the commit that was used to build the vyos-build container that was, in-turn, used to build VyOS:

Thanks for this, things are not still entirely clear, but I have now been able to find the commit’s in github (or local clone) based on the build commit id, which is the first 14 characters of the github commit id which is 40 characters. Not sure why/how this is, but I can repeatedly find the commits now which is great. Thanks for your help, I still have lots to learn.

Hey, I need to find the commit the rolling iso is based on.

Where did you find the information with the commit I’d in your first post?

Use VyOS op-mode show version

I see, I would like to try without having to download the iso but couldn’t see to find anything on Ci page. Maybe this is better suited for a new topic.

I agree, would be nice with some release page where its noted which commit or branch (or whatever its called) that a particular LTS have been built on.

Note however since the build also depends on packages from current Debian stable distributions your LTS might end up with newer packages than the “official” LTS build.

For example if the 1.3.3 LTS build was created lets say november 2022 then building the same in august 2023 will most likely have several debian packages updated.

I dont know if its possible or even worth the time to lock down to which individual versions of each debian package were used at the time of compiling the official LTS version?

An output of “dpkg -l” would probably help but I dunno how your build environment then would be able to fetch those specific versions.