tried to build the iso and VMware ova files (crux as well as current branch) within the past two days but came across a lot of challenges.
I’m using Docker to build both and ran into a couple issues with packages and as well as repos:
- packages gosu, python3-git and default-libmysqlclient-dev do not exist any longer in jessie-backports - gosu and python3-git can be pulled from Stretch repo, replacement for default-libmysqlclient-dev would be libmariadbclient-dev (also from Stretch, not Jessie).
- jessie-backports got archived yesterday or today so the whole repo was moved from deb.debian.org to archive.debian.org.
- the latter has an expired PGP key and won’t be renewed so you’d need to tell apt to ignore it - either globally or you append ‘-o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false’ to every affected ‘apt-get update’ occurrence.
- jessie-updates was removed so you’d need to comment this line in the sources.list or use the stretch-updates repo instead, which could lead to other issues if package versions got pinned.
- once the Docker image was built successfully and you start a container you will end up having the same issues with Jessie and the jessie-backports/jessie-updates repos again as debootstrap runs into the same issues of course so you’d need to edit the scripts/live-build-config file and change the boolean in lines 57 and 59 to false (updates and backports).
After those step at least I was able to built the iso image.
Guess one should think about using Stretch as the new base of the build environment and drop Jessie completely.