Build ISO with pre-loaded config

Hi Team,

With reference to below thread I was able to build ISO with username, hostname and password however I wanted to change issue, issue.net and motd.live.

Wondering how do I do it since I tried mounting squashfs and changing those files and later made sqashfs however I could not succeed. Can someone please guide me?

TIA
Blason R

Hello @blason ,

I believe it simple to add configuration command with modified motd

set system login banner post-login "some text in motd"
set system login banner pre-login "some text in issue.net"

Nah - I guess there is some confusion. I mean I need to build ISO with pre-defined MOTD or issue.net .

This I believe needs to be executed after installation?

Try to use hooks in this case:
https://github.com/vyos/vyos-build/blob/current/data/live-build-config/hooks/live/02-issue.chroot
But I’m sure that you can do it with the modification default config like was proposed recently.

But I’m sure that you can do it with the modification default config like was proposed recently.

I am sorry I am confused here. Do you mean I can have a customized iso with those commands? How and where should I use?

Yes, you already modify the default config when you build or rebuild ISO, so if you add some commands to the config part, motd and issue files should be changed on the first boot.