Building v1.3.2 LTS fails using Docker Hub Image

Hi there,
I am trying to build the stable version of VyOS from source, using the 1.3.2 tag in the GitHub Repo for this version.

I run the following:

git clone --depth 1 --single-branch --branch 1.3.2 https://github.com/vyos/vyos-build.git
cd vyos-build
docker run --rm -i --privileged -v $(pwd):/vyos -w /vyos vyos/vyos-build:equuleus /bin/bash -c "./configure --architecture amd64 --build-by 'example' && sudo make iso"

However, the Docker image is unable to meet dependencies:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 vyos-1x-smoketest : Depends: skopeo but it is not installable
                     Depends: vyos-1x but it is not going to be installed
 vyos-1x-vmware : Depends: vyos-1x but it is not going to be installed
 vyos-world : Depends: vyos-1x but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

If I clone the ‘equuleus’ branch of the repo instead, then it builds fine. However, since this branch is receiving frequent commits, I’m assuming it isn’t the stable or LTS version.

Is it possible to build the LTS version using one of the pre-built Docker images or would I have to manage dependencies myself to do this?

Thanks in advance

Take a look to the thread https://forum.vyos.io/t/erroring-when-building-1-3-1

1 Like

Thanks for the link. So to confirm, the rolling release of equuleus would be considered the stable v1.3.2 release, irrespective of any commits made since the ‘1.3.2’ tag was created in GitHub?

That’s correct! You can consider Equuleus branch stable. And after 1.3.2 commit, some bug fixes were added, so it would be better to build the image using current state of Equuleus

That’s great, thanks very much for confirming!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.