Dashboard

Hi,

I am starting to use VyOS and I am found it very interesting product: until now I used PFSense, OPNSense, LEDE, all very good products but I want to try something different.

I like the idea to have only a CLI interface to configure my router (no GUI) but I think would be very useful, even almost indispensable, a Dashboard to get interface and machine stats, interface status and so on.

After all, I do not think I have to configure my router every day.

What do you think?

Alex

You can use SNMP to get stats, and present them through a number of different front ends

Great idea: but with SNMP I can get also interface (eth*) and tunnel VPN connections (openvpn, wireguard, etc…) status (up/down/connected)?

Not through SNMP, but you could script something out to display the information. There are a number of ways to do this. Since VyOS is just Debian under the hood, you can easily utilize the vast options available.

A web GUI is pretty far down on the list of priorities for the VyOS team I think. Personally, I don’t need or want the complexity that the web GUI brings to the project, but that’s my opinion. I would, however, like an API that I could tap into and get that information.

Hi guys,

I haven’t tried it, but what is your opinion about this:

It seems to be very awesome however Im concerned more about how secure it is.

Very interested about your opinions.

We’re working on building on :slightly_smiling_face:

PM me if you are interested

1 Like

we are interested. how can we test it?

also can check vycontrol.com

1 Like