Dhcp6c -k parameter causing error

The -k parameter in the /usr/lib/systemd/system/dhcp6c@.service unit file is causing an error when dhcp6c starts.

Here is the unit file ExecStart line.
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/dhcp6c -D -k /run/dhcp6c/dhcp6c.%i.sock -c /run/dhcp6c/dhcp6c.%i.conf -p /run/dhcp6c/dhcp6c.%i.pid %i

The error:
Dec 15 17:25:50 vyos dhcp6c[12808]: dhcp6_ctl_authinit: failed to open /run/dhcp6c/dhcp6c.eth0.sock: No such file or directory

I can’t find any explanation for the -k option. Does anyone know what the -k option is for and why it might be causing an error?

Version: VyOS 1.4-rolling-202211260318

Hi @paul_s , this param described in wide-dhcpv6 source code dhcp6c.c · master · Debian / wide-dhcpv6 · GitLab

I’m seeing this same error (failed to open /run/dhcp6c/dhcp6c.eth0.sock) with Vyos 1.4rc3,
and also not receiving a GUA address (nor apparently any PD) on the WAN link.

Is this error nothing to worry about, or perhaps indicative of a bug or config error?
GUA worked on PFsense with the same ISP so it should be available.

Update: I’m getting GUA addresses and PD now, after relaxing WAN->LOCAL rules.
However, the error about the missing socket file is still there (show log dhcpv6 client), and the file still doesn’t exists even after all the local interfaces have succesfully received a /64 segment through PD.

=> while the error messages looks bad, apparently it doesn’t stop dhcp6c from working.