Does Vyos support FCoE and FC?

I’m here because I saw an excellent vid on Youtube

discussing making a DIY switch.

What I’m hoping to do is make something similar to a Cisco 6248 or 6332 but quieter and using less power (and cheaper, as I only need a handful of ports). What I wish to do is control/read/write fiber-channel tape drives over a 10GBE ethernet network with FCoE.

Obviously, I need CNA HBA’s in my workstations and the DIY switch, as well as at least one FC (or “universal” card like a Brocade BR-1860) that will accept fiber tranceivers and “talk” to the tape drives using the FC protocol “unbundled” from the ethernet frames.

But when I go to the Vyos knowledgebase, and search for FCoE, I get no hits… or for FC, either.

So… can I use Vyos to bridge between 10GBE FCoE ethernet ports and 2/4/8/16G FC ports? Could someone steer me to the relevant documentation?

Thanks!

Hi!

The short answer is no, VyOS does not support these kinds of networks.
VyOS is also ment as a router os, so it also for now have limited support for features found in switches etc…
The switch feature-set available is simple bridges that could be used as a simple switch in some cases. but be aware that there are limitations on the use of vlan’s inside these bridges.