Help to Add another ASNumber + IPs as customer

Hello guys,

On ower Vyos server we have ower own ASNumber added and ip ranges, i have a friend who whants to add/announce hes own ASNumber and Ip Range on ower router, as Sub"Customer".

I know is sompting with Import/Export but i dont fiind any examples or i have to create a session with ower AS / 1 IPv4 ?

Can anyone give me a example for this ? Please

Thank you

Hi, CristianD

If I understood right take a look at this
https://docs.vyos.io/en/latest/configuration/protocols/bgp.html#route-selection-configuration
Also, what do you mean by problem?

Hello,

I didnt mention any problem, the link i think is for having 2 seprat nodes, not what i need.

One of my friend told me 1 need a seprate router, on witch to create ges BGP configuration, connected to my network, create rule with import,export.

Is this the way it is ? Or i can do it on the same router ? My one

Hi Cristiand,

It`s depends , if you have your own public AS and your customer needs to announce their prefixes (these prefixes are their own). Therefore, you must speak to your local ISP to allow you to cross traffic with these

or

Also , you can create an ebgp session with your customer and you only need to do the policy import/ export ,this AS allows traffic to cross over to your upstream ISP.

You can configure all bgp sessions on one router.
Add policy prefix-list, route-map for import. For example with a biggest local-preference.
And update your route-map to neighbours who’s you want to send new prefixes for export.

Hello guys, what is the easy way/solution ?

1. Another Vyos server on witch i configure hes AS and ip ranges, connected to ower Router/Switch ? Or.
  2. Create an ebgp into my router for import/export ?

Maybe I can’t get some information.
Is the customer has his own router with his own ASN and own prefixes?
If yes, just create a new one BGP session with him. And export his prefixes to ISP’s.
If for some reason you want the second router, it depends on your network topology.

customer ASN => your ASN => ISP ASN

Hello,

The customer has his own AS and Prefixes, and 1 server with Vyos only in case we need hem

We try to fiind the easy solution, is not necesary each to have hes own router.

Hi CristianD

I think Viacheslav’s last comment is the most common solution , it’s just create a BGP session with him (EBGP ) and then you create the policy (import/export) that you need. It’ll be something like this :

customer ASN => your ASN => ISP ASN

finally, talk with your local ISP and announce these new prefixes (if it is necessary )

Hello, i made the server with vyos, i setup hes as and prefixes on hes router.
I notice ower ISP to announce the new prefixes, is made.

The problem is the session and the config i have to do it in ower router and the way i connect cutomer router (on one port from ower router or from switch)

If someone can give us a hand to setup this i`m ready to pay , just pm me skype, fb, mail… (Paypal, By Card, Bank …etc)
This is sompting i never made and i dont whant to brake ower live router to make problems.

The session should i create on my router or on hes router ?

The cable connection betwin my router and hes router should it be made from one of my router port or from my switch to hes router ?

Bgp session should be configured on both sites. You configure own site, the customer configure own site. If you use switch you can add a separate vlan for it. The both options will work.

@Viacheslav ar you available to help us ? We pay i dont whant free.

The only think i dont know is whant ips do i have to set on my session and whant ips i have to set on hes session.

Just took random ips.

Ower Router - Hes IP Range
Hes Router is connected to the Ower Switch.

X.34.26.249 4 XX673 0 0 0 0 0 never Active 0

set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.26.249 address-family ipv4-unicast route-map export ‘IPv4-NET’
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.26.249 address-family ipv4-unicast soft-reconfiguration inbound
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.26.249 remote-as ‘XX673’
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.26.249 update-source ‘X.34.26.250’

Hes Router
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 100 action ‘permit’
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 100 prefix ‘X.34.26.0/24’
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 101 action ‘permit’
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 101 prefix ‘X.101.104.0/24’
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 102 action ‘permit’
set policy prefix-list IPv4-HC-OUT rule 102 prefix ‘X.101.105.0/24’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 170 action ‘permit’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 170 match ip address prefix-list ‘IPv4-HC-OUT’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 171 action ‘permit’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 171 match ip address prefix-list ‘IPv4-HC-OUT’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 172 action ‘permit’
set policy route-map IPv4-NET rule 172 match ip address prefix-list ‘IPv4-HC-OUT’

Hes Router - OWer Ip Range set on the session and network interface
eth4 X.34.24.250/30 u/u

X.34.24.249 4 XX911 0 0 0 0 0 never Active 0

set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.24.249 address-family ipv4-unicast route-map export ‘IPv4-NET’
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.24.249 address-family ipv4-unicast soft-reconfiguration inbound
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.24.249 remote-as ‘XX911’
set protocols bgp neighbor X.34.24.249 update-source ‘X.34.24.250’

My confusion is the sessions ips, should be on ower router set from hes ip range or ower iprange ?

On hes router i know it has to be ips from ower ip range, but on ower router i dont get it

It looks like i manage to connect both sessions / routers , only one problem left :slight_smile:
On both bgp sessions it say PfxSnt is 0 and PfxRcd

ower router
Neighbor V AS MsgRcvd MsgSent TblVer InQ OutQ Up/Down State/PfxRcd PfxSnt
X.34.24.250 4 X7673 40 11343 0 0 0 00:37:46 0 21

hes router
Neighbor V AS MsgRcvd MsgSent TblVer InQ OutQ Up/Down State/PfxRcd PfxSnt
X.34.24.249 4 X3911 11344 41 0 0 0 00:38:04 21 0

Re-check policy for export and import.
Check which prefixes you export to neighbor

show ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x advertised-routes

Yea strange, it show my ip ranges it should show hes ones right ?

Fixed but, sessions work but its strange cuz i get

connect: Network is unreachable

When i try to ping 8.8.8.8 from the router