how to BGP Advertise IPV6 route map

I have been trying to get our vyos routers to advertise a single prefix in a route map we have created.

It has been setup in a similar way to how we advertise our IPV4 prefix, which worked how I expected.

We have created

policy prefix-list6 name rule 10 action permit
policy prefix-list6 name rule 10 action prefix h:h:h:h:h

policy route-map name rule 10 action permit
policy route-map name rule 10 match upv6 address prefix-list name

on the BGP side we have been using

Protocols BGP OURASN neighbour h:h:h:h:h address-family ipv6-unicast route-map export “route-map name”

When we do this no routes are advertised, the only way I can get it to advertise is at the global level with;

protocols bgp OURASN address-family ipv6-unicast network h:h:h:h:h route-map “route-map name”

isn’t the end of the world, but we may in the future want to be selective of which routes we advertise to which neighbours, so not sure if this is a bug maybe?

This works for me on the helium beta 64 bit:

set policy prefix-list6 ALLOW-PREFIXES6 rule 1 action 'permit'
set policy prefix-list6 ALLOW-PREFIXES6 rule 1 prefix 'h:h:h::/48'

set policy route-map local-nets-filter6 rule 10 action 'permit'
set policy route-map local-nets-filter6 rule 10 match ipv6 address prefix-list 'ALLOW-PREFIXES6'
set policy route-map local-nets-filter6 rule 20 action 'deny'

set protocols bgp 40484 neighbor x:x:x:x::1 address-family ipv6-unicast route-map export 'local-nets-filter6'

Route-maps are used to permit/modify/change imported/exported prefixes (routes). They can be applied per neighbor and per address family.

First, you have to specify which routes are going to be used in your ASN, eg:

set protocols bgp YOUR_ASN address-family ipv6-unicast network 2a00:a:b:c::/48

Or you can redistribute directly connected routes or routes learned from IGP:

set protocols bgp YOUR_ASN address-family ipv6-unicast redistribute connected
set protocols bgp YOUR_ASN address-family ipv6-unicast redistribute ospfv3 ...

Second, you specify route-maps or prefix-lists to filter which prefixes are exported/imported from specified neighbor, eg. to process exported prefixes to NEIGHBOR_IP:

set protocols bgp YOUR_ASN neighbor NEIGHBOR_IP address-family ipv6-unicast route-map export ROUTE_MAP_NAME_FOR_THIS_NEIGHBOR

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
(Works on 1.0.4)

thank you for the answers (sorry for the delay, notifications didn’t reach me)