How to update FastNetMon on Vyos 1.4

Hello,

Is there a way to Update Fastnetmon and not brake the Vyos/Router ?

I installed today Vyos 1.4-rolling-202104270417 it has fastnetmon 1.1.3+dfsg-8.1 witch is old and it has bug on it.

The bug is it bans for in/out traffic, by default do_not_ban_outgoing is true ( on ) and not to ban for outgoing traffic and is not working, still bans it, even if i set on the fastnetmon configuration do_not_ban_outgoing = on still same.

the guys from fastnetmon they sayed to update fastnetmon.

And on the vyos we ar unable to install mail function for fastnetmon and we had to use curl with some script in other location to get the reports.

Thank you

Hello @CristianD , try to get fastnetmon from the official git repo and build deb package. By default VyOS get fastnetmon from Debian buster repo.

Oka i will try this on my test server.

One more thik if you can help with infos.

I dont fiind any examples or infos with commands i can use On the notify_script.bash commands to be runned on vyos/bgp

When we got ddos, 1 provider is not covered by ddos protection, the other yes, so when we got ddos he struggle and the connection get down, i have to manualy set it on idle, i whant to be able to use this on the notify_script.bash at this moment i use this commands to idle the bgp session frome the provider

vtysh
conf t
router bgp 33XXXX
neighbor 89.136.2XXXXX shutdown
neighbor 89.136.2XXX shutdown
exit
exit
exit

and this to bring it up

vtysh
conf t
router bgp 33XXXX