I need advice in network architecture

How to switch default route between R1-B and R2-B and VLAN1 - VLAN2?
What is preferred way? Create in VLAN1,2 VRRP address and switch it between R1-B and R2-B?
Or there is an easier solution with OSPF? With case VRRP i need to switch in in each VLAN (1,2,11-15)…
Right now i have no R2-B, and switch default route throw OSPF:

default-information {
     originate {
         always
         metric 10
         metric-type 2
     }
 }

But in case with 2nd router R2-B, i don’t know how to configure it. Need advice! Thanks!

Hi @hexes, adding R2-B I think you can benefit from the ECMP functionality that will load balance traffic from R1-S/R1-N towards R1-B and R2-B by just simply advertising the default route from both R1-B and R2-B at the same time. Under the system configuration, you can include Layer 4 information for IPv4 ECMP hashing. Based on connectivity with ISP (BGP/static/ etc.) you could also try to use the same route with both ISP next-hops to enable ECMP and utilize both links. Another option that might help with ISP connectivity I think is load-balancing.

For the LAN side networks 10.x.1.1 VRRP can be manually load-balanced, for example vlans 11,12,13 active on R1 standby on R2, and 14,15 active on R2 standby in R1.

Thanks for reply, not sure that understand you clearly about ECMP:
On R1(2)-B routers i should do this:

set system ip multipath layer4-hashing
sh protocols ospf
default-information {
    originate {
        always
        metric 10
        metric-type 2
    }
}
sh protocols static
 route 0.0.0.0/0 {
     next-hop isp1-gw {
     }
     next-hop isp2-gw {
     }
 }

Did I understand you correctly?

@hexes yes I think this one should work for you and both paths towards ISP will be used for the traffic forwarding. In case if 1 of them fails, the rest of the traffic will be switched to the active one.

I see 2 static default routes…If one ISP fails upstream, what mechanism switches to the active one?

yes that case brings

as I’ve also mentioned in the first message, as health-check could be enabled to provide failover functionality.