I’m trying to determine if I can/should use VyOS in an site 2 site with ipsec described below.
- 1 main (600Mbit Internt) and 6 remote sites (~100Mbit each) .
- All traffic from the remote sites is routed/tunneld to the main site.
- All sites have full access to each other
- All VyOS installations would run in hyper-v 2012 r2
- Hyper-v hardware, Dell PE720 with Intel XEON, Broadcom nics. Moderately utilized.
My main concern is stability and second what kind of throughput I would get.
- isp instability, will tunnel reestablish them self automatically. “Self-healing”
- Added latency
Today we us an aging fleet of asa devices that I would like replace, if possible with vyos. I have been using Vyatta for internal routing for years and I’m impress by it! It just works
Anyone using Vyos like this today?