L2TP/SSTP - can't get traffic routed or passed over the VPN connection

After some private messages and some more testing the issue seems to come from radius accounting not being correctly acknowledged by NPS. Disabling radius accounting by manually modifying the files /run/accel-pppd/sstp.conf and /run/accel-pppd/l2tp.conf files with a serverline reading:

server=ip.add.ree.ss,MySecret,auth-port=1812,acct-port=0,req-limit=0,fail-time=0

will disable accounting and L2TP and SSTP will work.

I have created a phabricator task for this: ⚓ T2631 l2tp, sstp, pptp add option to disable radius accounting

@klase thank you so much for this. I was struggling and struggling with why my VyOS 1.1.8 config wasn’t working with 1.3.1 and I thought I had it figured out when I saw references to the need for proxy-arp since the update to accel-ppp from pppd, but that didn’t do it. Your feature request clearly made it in, since ‘set vpn l2tp remote-access authentication radius server disable-accounting’ now works and fixes this problem I was having. It was hard to track down because it appeared to not be an authentication problem, since I was authenticated successfully. Thanks again for doing the work to figure this out.

Happy to hear that it helped you.