Loadkey error in vyos 1.2 rc5

I think I found an error in 1.2 rc5.

When I use the command:

loadkey <ssh.public.key>

I get the following error:

Use of uninitialized value $keytype in string eq at /opt/vyatta/sbin/vyatta-load-user-key.pl line 106, <$in> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $keytype in string eq at /opt/vyatta/sbin/vyatta-load-user-key.pl line 106, <$in> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $keytype in concatenation (.) or string at /opt/vyatta/sbin/vyatta-load-user-key.pl line 138, <$in> line 1.
Unknown key type : must be one of ssh-rsa, ssh-dss, ecdsa-sha2-nistp* or ssh-ed25519

I have verified that my key is an ssh-rsa key.

Max.

Hello, @max1e6!
I’ve checked this with 1.2.0-rolling+201811061951 and can’t reproduce problem. Check please format of your keyfile. It must be like this:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDp6dHU8Oovv9AK5HKboqhoY6kRKzA8ilD83Hdf3NahkyK4f0TAqAgCUtl+JAODvbh9/BLVYpVYFQIeo955gFa1F12I1oHGLmh92GT7+ifhem7vlYPq5jtMeBFHF+vurhZ+de2v0PmM1KJ2liSBXmAyaBv8m3G6GJqsq9COtk+cRLK+obyjsQTJZpuGs7q6P3CFZcvplM8G3nUS/1AeLbDmVUbsvBwPFXj4EtiXaLC5Hx7Dwp7TPymJxxfsxrtv4kjIVKRhPHyJgPiGkl4AXb7P4NTfTFGEMlLgIjUBNI6V4Rdqb9MUCeKT896MgnkzdF2q2qUFHZzPzi5eeiaJw22f youruser@yourpc

Maybe there is no ssh-rsa mark in your file?

I did check this and I will double check

So, you have successfully imported key?

Not yet. I am building out a testing environment to compare a known working system running 1.1.8 vs. the release candidates.

I built out a vyos 1.2-rc6 server for testing. Was not able to reproduce the loadkey error. I was able to load a ssh key for authentication. Probably a user error on my part.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.