Multiple VLAN's Single NIC

[color=#ffffff][size=small][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am trying to setup multiple VLAN’s, each with their own DHCP[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffffff][size=small][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I found a guide to do this, but I am not seeing any traffic on VLAN5 or anything pulling an ip. [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#ffffff][size=small][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.lowefamily.com.au/2015/11/29/using-a-vyos-router-with-hyper-v/4/[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#ffffff][size=small][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Here are my interfaces. [/font][/size][/color]

[code]show interfaces
Codes: S - State, L - Link, u - Up, D - Down, A - Admin Down
Interface IP Address S/L Description

eth0 192.168.0.175/24 u/u OUT
eth1 10.0.1.1/24 u/u IN
eth1.5 192.168.5.1/24 u/u VLAN5
lo 127.0.0.1/8 u/u[/code]

[color=#ffffff]To give you an idea of my layout. I have a UniFI AP with multiple SSID. [/color]
[color=#ffffff]Each SSID is assigned a VLAN, each VLAN should have its own DHCP via VyOS[/color]

[color=#ffffff]My main router is one 192.168.0.x [/color]
[color=#ffffff]SSID KIDS will use 192.168.5.x and VLAN 5[/color]
[color=#ffffff]SSID ADULTS will use 192.168.3.x and VLAN 3[/color]

Does your switch support VLANs? I have this configuration and it works fine.

VyOS is a VMWare ESXi host. Im pretty sure i have the portgroup setup for ALL VLAN’s, but i’ll check again. Sounds like that must be the problem.

I think you mean that VyOS is a VMWare ESXi ‘GUEST’. The host is the, well, host. That’s ESXi itself.

Yep, its a guest. :slight_smile: