Ndpi-netfilter, ntopng, bro-ids project ideas

Hi there,

I’d used Vyatta CE several times in the past and have recently started using vyos for some new firewalls I’m deploying.

I regularly use ntopng & bro-ids for monitoring & traffic visibility, and have also started working on getting ndpi-netfilter (iptables DPI matching) working for Linux.

I’m keen to get all three working with Vyos as time permits. Is anyone else mid-way through such work, or would be interested in what I put together if I can make them work :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fork thus far. It’s been a very smooth process spinning up Vyos so far.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

NDPI with vyos would be absolutely amazing!

Please, please, please work on this :slight_smile:

The open-source community needs a deep packet inspection (Application Identification capable) that works out of the box.

Application control on vyos FTW!

I can’t help with programming but would love to help in any way I can.

Cheers
Richard

[quote=“cgb, post:1, topic:333”]
Hi there,

I’d used Vyatta CE several times in the past and have recently started using vyos for some new firewalls I’m deploying.

I regularly use ntopng & bro-ids for monitoring & traffic visibility, and have also started working on getting ndpi-netfilter (iptables DPI matching) working for Linux.

I’m keen to get all three working with Vyos as time permits. Is anyone else mid-way through such work, or would be interested in what I put together if I can make them work :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fork thus far. It’s been a very smooth process spinning up Vyos so far.

Regards,

Chris
[/quote]Layer 7 QoS is something I’d really like to see in VyOS.
I wanted to build my own debian-based router with layer 7 QoS, and had a look at nDPI, but I realized I don’t know enough to implement it.

Hi Richard and Knowbody,

I’d gotten distracted by Snort’/Cisco’s openappid project which offers L7 classification but I haven’t been able to get it to work with netfilter/iptables yet. I hope to put something together with ndpi & vyos as a POC in the next month or so. I’ll mention it here if I ever come up with anything :slight_smile:

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris!