Openvpn - one client looses connection; all others ok ?!

Hello.
I’m using vyos 1.2.2 in an education environment. Currently I have 22 investigators with openvpn access. Curiously, one (and only) gets disconnected briefly after login, reconnects, disconnects, forever. The connection doesn’t even last 1 minute. I copied the configuration to another laptop wich runs ok with my configuration and the problem persists. So I believe there has to be a problem with the user files (user.ovpn is the same as mine, except the user name, of course).
I was trying to revoke this user so that I could create a new one, but I get:
.source .vars
./revoke-full user

Using configuration from /config/easy-rsa2/openssl.cnf
Error opening user.crt user.crt
140471926208144:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:398:fopen(‘user.crt’,‘r’)
140471926208144:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:400:
unable to load certificate
Using configuration from /config/easy-rsa2/openssl.cnf
Error opening certificate file user.crt
139952934467216:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:398:fopen(‘user.crt’,‘r’)
139952934467216:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:400:
unable to load certificate

So, do I need to revoke this user in order to recreate? If so, how can I do this?
Thanks and best regards.
David

Ok, so the user had multiple workstations with openvpn enabled. After I set openvpn to “duplicate-cn” I could briefly connect and checked the error. All is fine now and I’ve deleted the “duplicate-cn” as there’s only one IP and key pair for each user.
Meanwhile I noticed that my logs are about 2 weeks old and they stopped when we had a major power outage. Is there a way to reset this? a reboot didn’t work.

manually run /usr/sbin/rsyslog -n &
now ok.
I’d still like to know the solution to the previous post on how to revoke a openvpn user.
Thanks.