OSPF Configuration

[attachment=143][attachment=141][attachment=142]

I am trying to have OSPF go between 7 different routers (my addressing is attached, along with a network diagram). I am trying to have multi area OSPF between my router 4, with area 0 as my backbone with my servers and firewall. I have tried to configure OSPF according to http://wiki.vyos.net/wiki/User_Guide#OSPF on two of my routers (my configuration was exactly the same except the IPs were according to my network). My two routers could not connect to each other; there was nothing in the routing table or OSPF neighbours. Then I stumbled on other websites that did not have the same steps as listed on that website, ie. https://gns3.com/discussions/vyos-2. The steps they had used to configure OSPF were to add network statements, but that was after static routes were implemented. I have since abandoned the multi area and have put in all my network statements into area 0 for four of my routers, and they still cannot communicate with them. I have verified that they are all in the same internal network on VirtualBox and none are implemented with another adapter type. My question is: do I need to implement static routes before adding OSPF as a routing protocol or can I go straight to OSPF? If I can go straight to OSPF, what needs to inputted? I come from a Cisco background (CCENT) and taken Cisco classes along with three Linux classes in college, and this is for my capstone project. I have no experience working with this OS before. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Router configs are attached.

You do not need any static route. Proper IP addressing will do. And that’s where you go wrong
Your R1 has 3 IP addresses, but they are all in the same subnet! Even worse, no other router has an IP in that subnet.

Focus on any router-to-router link. Assign IPs in the same subnet on that link on both router. Check that both routers can ping each other. Enable OSPF on that subnet

I understand what you are saying, but I need to have servers on a different subnet than end devices, and those end devices are going to get DHCP addresses. I can do a point - point for the router to router interfaces, but what about my servers and my end devices?

Normally servers are connected on a LAN segment: A single router interface connects to a LAN segment, multiple clients/servers are connected to that segment.

If you want to give each server its own router interface, that’s fine (but pretty unusual) , but at least make sure each segment Router<->server has its own subnet.

A config like yours (IP addresses in same subnet on different interfaces) is NOT allowed in Cisco world. The cisco simply won’t accept that IP config on 2nd interface.

I would have designed it so that I had switches in my network and I would have had my servers and end computers connected to the switches. But for my capstone, everything has to be virtual. I asked classmates (one suggested creating a bridge across multiple interfaces in Linux) and I researched, but I couldn’t find a solution to put a switch into VirtualBox (instructor would greatly prefer to have everything in it). If you know of any switches that be virtualized, I would love to know.

afaik, any decent virtualization software has option to create internal networks, where you can interconnect multiple VMs.
A quick glance at virtualbox manual shows me it can do that too:
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html