Point to point ping is ok but when monitor tracerouter facing losses

Dear Sir,

I am using two vyos with version 1.29 .My problem is when i ping to point to point,it is ok and no packet loss but when i use monitor traceroute showing losses on point to point ip without any congestion.Please let me how to solve this problem?

Some logs would be helpful.

Where is the packet loss, that’s my first question, are you saying the Vyos router is dropping packets? Or somewhere else in the network?

Please share some logs so we may try and assist further.

I don’t see any logs about that.

103.59.162.246 ( one vyos)
103.59.162.245 (another vyos)

When ping ,it is ok .
When monitor traceroute ,showing lossess. Please check attach photo for your reference.

The good thing is, it’s just cosmetic, you’re not actually losing any packets as shown by the rest of your MTR output.

Do you have any QoS etc on the second Vyos? For some reason it’s throwing away most of the probes you’re sending to it.

Again though, it’s not REAL packet loss because you’re not losing any packets downstream.

I don’t have any QOS configuration on both router and all are service are running well. But i don’t know why losses showing in mtr.

You are in Yangon , Myanmar, right? Base the IP information
As far as I known, There are limitation and all network in Myanmar are LAN and no WAN IP address. So could please switch another router to test it ? If it still have the error. Maybe it is your ISP’s trick.

Already test with another router.There is no packet lossess. Now problem is mtr lossess

And no firewall rules?

Yea no firewall rule

I think this is fine. No worry about it. It is normal.

That is your ISP’s issue. Just ignore it.

Seems like ISP is passing packets fine (Ping), answering them (traceroute) isn’t.
The latter takes more CPU on their boxes , and could be rate limited