PPTP interface doesn't release on client logout

I have an odd situation going on where any PPTP interfaces that get created by a client login will never go away. Even after the client logs out they’re still shown in
show vpn remote-access
and the pptp interface still exists with the client IP. So eventually my pptp pool of client IPs gets exhausted and no one can login again.

I am running OSPF on this vyos box.

jdrews@CM-VPN# show protocols ospf area 1 { network 10.9.8.0/24 network 10.9.6.0/24 } parameters { router-id 10.9.8.8 }

And when I get ospf details for a pptp interface, it returns the following.

jdrews@CM-VPN:~$ show ip ospf interface pptp2 pptp2 is up ifindex 414, MTU 1396 bytes, BW 0 Kbit <UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST> Internet Address 10.255.254.0/32, Peer 10.9.8.243, Area 0.0.0.1 MTU mismatch detection:enabled Router ID 10.9.8.8, Network Type POINTOPOINT, Cost: 10 Transmit Delay is 1 sec, State Point-To-Point, Priority 1 No designated router on this network No backup designated router on this network Multicast group memberships: OSPFAllRouters Timer intervals configured, Hello 10s, Dead 40s, Wait 40s, Retransmit 5 Hello due in 2.572s Neighbor Count is 0, Adjacent neighbor count is 0

Now the weird thing is that the “Hello due in X seconds” countdown goes all the way down to 0, then instantly resets to 10 and then counts down to 0 again. This is happening on pptp interfaces tied to clients that don’t exist anymore.

Very weird. Any ideas?