Service failure message - nvmf-autoconnect.service

Running the latest rolling version I am seeing this error. I don’t think this is causing me an issue, but seems to be a new error. Looks like some missing dependencies.

** However I was only rooting around in logs as I have connectivity failure so there’s every chance this error has been kicking around for a while and I’m only seeing it for the first time due to an unrelated issue. **

× nvmf-autoconnect.service - Connect NVMe-oF subsystems automatically during boot
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nvmf-autoconnect.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2023-05-17 12:57:30 CEST; 17min ago
CPU: 10ms

May 17 12:57:29 myrouter systemd[1]: Starting nvmf-autoconnect.service - Connect NVMe-oF subsystems automatically during boot…
May 17 12:57:30 myrouter modprobe[1064]: modprobe: FATAL: Module nvme-fabrics not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.28-amd64-vyos
May 17 12:57:30 myrouter systemd[1]: nvmf-autoconnect.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 17 12:57:30 myrouter systemd[1]: nvmf-autoconnect.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
May 17 12:57:30 myrouter systemd[1]: Failed to start nvmf-autoconnect.service - Connect NVMe-oF subsystems automatically during boot.

There is a task for it T5208

Cool, thanks.

Is this likely to cause connectivity issues, and what version can I go back to that doesn’t have this behaviour?

It does not cause any network connectivity issues
You can stop and disable it

sudo systemctl stop nvmf-autoconnect.service
sudo systemctl disable nvmf-autoconnect.service

Will be fixed in the next rolling release.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.