Set up an active/passive redundancy using AWS EIP linked to a secondary interface

vrrp
aws

As a preamble, I am a complete noob to VyOS.

I have been able to follow tutorials and establish VPN connections between VyOS on AWS and Openswan on Azure.

I know vrrp stuff is not allowed on AWS, but I need to setup an active/passive redundancy using AWS EIP as a floating IP(linked to a secondary interface).

I planned on using this AWS tutorials https://aws.amazon.com/articles/leveraging-multiple-ip-addresses-for-virtual-ip-address-fail-over-in-6-simple-steps/ and have an external function check the health of the Current Vyos and reassign the EIP to the other when the current is faulty.

When I have 2 networking interface to AWS I can only use one to login into the VyOS.

I have read around it as well and it seems to be related to dynamic routing which is new to me as well.
How can I go about solving the dynamic routing problem so both interfaces are active and working.

Hi guys,

Please is there any luck with this?

Any takers?

@rob.thomson , I understand you were working on this around 2016. Have you been able to make any progress on this -> ipsec on floating interface ?