Site-to-Site IPsec (Same "overlapping" Subnet)

Hello everyone, hope you all are having a great day.

I wanted to configure a site-to-site VPN between 5 routers, and actually that was successful.

But unfortunately that is causing me a headache because of multiple subnets at each site.I just want to use only one subnet/network

What I need assist with and not able to find a way for it, is that I want to create Site-to-Site VPN between multiple VyOS routers (VM) and want the vpn to work on the same subnet on each node.

So my question how to configure S2S VPN with overlapping “same” subnet

Site-A local network is 192.168.1.x/24
Site-B local network is 192.168.1.x/24

Can you assist me with that?

It’s basically an ugly setup that doesn’t have a clean answer.

Depending on what you want to access, you could potentially NAT, with specific routes for like /32 on IPs for specific services you need to answer. But if there are any collisions, it won’t work. It will be particularly troublesome if SITEA needs to access SITEB through the S2S.

Frankly the easiest way is to re-ip whichever one will give you the least amount of headache.

Hey Kroy, many thank for the quick reply.

I have limitation in resources on the server I am using, so I am combining two servers (one for resources and other for storage).

I don’t have duplicate IPs as this was my initial plan to have one subnet.

Nat will be subnet to subnet which mean 192.168.1.10/xx will be traslated on the tunnel side with 192.168.6.10/xx. and on the other end it will be translated back from 192.168.6.10/xx to 192.168.1.10/xx.

I know that troubleshooting will not be possible, but I just want to connect 2 routers using same subnet on their local address via any kind of VPN.

So did it happen that you were able to try that and get a result?