There is no way to set it from the CLI right now. Web proxy was quite a neglected feature in Vyatta because it was a bit out of the enterprise/ISP router scope and now it is quite a neglected feature in VyOS too because people don’t drop by any often to ask for webproxy improvements (other than SSL MitM filtering which I have VERY mixed feeling about), so…
None of the core developers uses it either at this time, though back when bandwidth at my place was many times more expensive, caching and filtering really helped to reduce traffic consumption and keep the bills reasonable, and I know in a lot of places it’s still just as expensive, so we have absolutely no plans to drop support for web proxy, even if we don’t spend much time on improving it.
Anyway, if you are one of those who do use it, you can help us make it better. Please tell us the following:
- Where do you get your blacklists for manually configured squidguard? Is there more than one place/list? If yes, is achive format the same in all those places you use?
- Are categories any standardized?
- Do you have any ideas how to switch from hardcoded to configurable blacklist archive URL gracefully?
- What you think should happen if the user switches from one URL to another?
- Do you have any ideas how to detect if archive at the URL is a valid blacklist archive, for the case when people enter a wrong URL by mistake?
If you’ve got time, it would be awesome if you go to the wiki and create a design document for this feature using this template: http://wiki.vyos.net/wiki/Design_document_template rather than just post it in the forum.