Supermicro 5018D-FN4T - Vyos 1.1.6

Does anyone know if vyos 1.1.6 is compatible with the Supermicro 5018D-FN4T (5018D-FN4T | 1U | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.)

It runs the Intel D-1540 SoC chipset and SoC 10Gbit interfaces.

It certainly ought to be. There’s nothing special about the chip itself - shows up at a regular Xeon. Similarly, the network interfaces are based on well supported Intel NIC chipsets.

I have not loaded VyOS on bare metal yet, but I am running other Linux systems on that motherboard right now. I haven’t had any issues.

I actually ended up with a slightly different build.

SuperMicro SC514-R400W chassis
Supermicro X10SRW-F motherboard
E5-1650v3 processor (6 core, 3.50Ghz)
16GB DDR4 RAM (4x 4GB modules)
Supermicro AOC-SGP-I4 (4 port intel i350 card)
Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S (2x 10GB intel SFP+ 82599ES card)
32GB SATA DOM.

2 of these should be arriving tomorrow, I’m keen to see how they do.

Hello.

We have been running Vyos on 2 Supermicro servers with a very similar spec yo your setup. We use the Intel Xeon E5-2665 0 @ 2.40GHz single CPU and 64GB of ram (Though might be a little over kill) and then a Intel i350 4 port network card.

This setup was used to replace two older Juniper routers and its running much faster and stable than hardware routing. We did though use 4 x SSD 32GB drives in a raid 10, just for the fun of it!

Been very happy using Vyos up till this point.

Paul.

That’s the same board I just built… Just one thing, you have to disable xhci and enable ehci mode in the bios, otherwise you will get an error when trying to boot the install iso.