Traffic Policy Shaper port-group or similar functionality

Hello,

I was building some traffic-policy shaper rules and realized that I can’t match based on multiple destination ports using the comma separated syntax. It doesn’t seem like I’m able to use a port-group to match off either.

For example trying to commit the following obviously gives me an error, since it’s obviously expecting a single number

set traffic-policy shaper OUTBOUND class 114 match default ip destination port ‘27000-28000,2600’

Argument “27000-28000,2600” isn’t numeric in numeric le (<=) at /opt/vyatta/share/perl5/Vyatta/Qos/Match.pm line 28.

You can’t use the group port-group syntax you can normally use with a firewall rule.

set traffic-policy shaper OUTBOUND class 114 match default ip destination group port-group name

Configuration path: traffic-policy shaper OUTBOUND class 114 match default ip destination [group] is not valid

It doesn’t seem you are able to put the name directly in either since the name i’m using is supposed to be a group name, not something like “http” which again makes sense.

set traffic-policy shaper OUTBOUND class 114 match default ip destination port ‘name’

name unknown tcp port name

The only thing I can think of from here is to create port groups and mark the traffic using the port groups and a PBR rule, to then match the traffic in the shaper. But I felt that was a bit overkill to do what I wanted to do.

Of course I could create a shaper rule for each port but some groups have up to 15 different ranges and ports in them which I feel would be a bit odd to break out.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for taking the time to read.