Using ddns hostnames for firewall and nat rules?

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to put this or not, if not, then someone please say so.
I’m wondering what the status is on this task is?
It almost looks to me as though it’s being held up by this one Is this correct? and if so, what would it take to get this moving?

Thanks.

My quick and dirty solution was to create an app packaged in a docker that just runs on my lan and periodically updates dns based lists.

I’ve been running the latest version of my docker for a couple months now without issue and gets the job done. Admittedly, docs are lacking but if there was actually any interest beyond me, I could probably find some time to add some quick docs on how to set it up (but basically it’s just run the docker and inject the config settings into the container via env vars or a config file, etc). It communicates with VyOS using its http api and so you’ll have to enable that on your router as well.

Yes please! :slight_smile: sounds like a great addition.

I don’t do much personal project work during the summer months, but I’ll add this to my todo list for the early fall. You might even want to nudge me sometime after Labour Day to remind me if this is still on your radar as I might forget. :slight_smile:

looks like finished?