We have a HA VRRP pair of VyOS systems using conntrack but after upgrading 1.2.2 -> 1.2.4 conntrack seems broken. While running 1.2.2 we’ve had no conntrack issues.
- Added system image 1.2.4 and rebooted the VyOS
- After the first boot everything was good:
- Logging visible of all conntrack (-sync) events
- Systemd shows running conntrackd service
- After rebooting the VyOS (I wanted to add RAM so I shut it down again):
- No logging regarding conntrack
- Systemd shows failed / stopped conntrackd service
- show log conntrack shows conntrackd.service entered failed state
Again reboot the situation stays the same (failed).
Performed the upgrade on the second unit and it shows the exact same behaviour: First boot on 1.2.4 all ok and after another reboot conntrackd failed.
Looking into the full boot log and journalctl is shows during boot and initial startup of the service:
conntrackd: lockfile `/var/lock/conntrack.lock’ exists, perhaps conntrackd already running?
I tried manually disabling the conntrackd.service and deleting the lock file before reboot. After the reboot this shows the same failed state and log message about the lock file.
Anybody any idea?