What about VyOS hardware support

How does VyOS currently support X86 hardware:
(1)CPU
A. Does it support Intel Core 12th/13th/14th generation heterogeneous P-Core and E-Core?
B. In terms of factors that determine performance, which is more important, frequency or core number? If we want to meet the forwarding performance of 5000Mbit/S, how many core CPUs are needed? I wonder if anyone has tested VyOS. How many PPS can the forwarding of each core achieve? Note that the forwarding performance mentioned here refers to the 64Byte small packet forwarding performance.
C. If hyper-threading is turned off, will using only physical cores be more helpful in reducing latency?

(2) Network card
A. Does Mellanxo support it (I currently have an MCX512A optical port network card)?

Does it support Intel Core 12th/13th/14th generation heterogeneous P-Core and E-Core?

I recently did some testing on a box with a 13900H which has a 6P/8E configuration. It seemed to handle forwarding just fine. Looking at the core utilization during tests, the CPU scheduler appeared to handle core selection well.

In terms of factors that determine performance, which is more important, frequency or core number? If we want to meet the forwarding performance of 5000Mbit/S, how many core CPUs are needed?

A couple of answers to that. To reach 5Gbps for a single flow, frequency is more important. To maximize the aggregate throughput of a box, core count starts coming more into play. I was able to get about 13Gbps for a single flow, and could easily max 25Gbps using a few flows.

Does Mellanox support it (I currently have an MCX512A optical port network card)?

In the testing I performed, I had a ConnectX-4 LX card (CX4121C) and it worked fine.

The testing was mostly related to Encrypted Throughput. You can read my post about my testing here:

3 Likes