ZeroTier on VyOS

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried using ZeroTier on VyOS yet? Found these instructions for EdgeOS and wondered if it was worth trying this on one of my VyOS routers:- https://blog.kruyt.org/zerotier-on-a-ubiquiti-edgerouter/

not tried it myself but would love to hear how you or anyone get’s on if you do try it. I have been thinking for a while that this would be a great feature, especially if it could be eventually integrated “properly”.

It appears to work fine. As long as you map the ZeroTier interface as an ethernet interface you can see it from the VyOS cli and apply config to it normally. Tested bringing up a OSPF adjacency and that too works as expected.

Is this still relevant? Besides the devicemap, what else is necessary to get ZT working on VyOS and have persistence across reboots (and upgrades)

Follow this link to install and make persistent over reboots: ZeroTier on a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter | kruyt.org
Upgrades require a reinstall.

1 Like

Nice, yeah it seems to be working. The only issue I’m experiencing now is that when I add the renamed ZT interface (e.g. zt**** to eth1), when I bind this eth1 to a VRF, the interface can’t be seen by FRR