Anyone using vyos for a 10G Router

We’ve started working on a 10Gb VyOS solution in our data center. It’s been a while since this topic has been active, and I’m curious if anyone’s made progress. So far our results are very mixed getting it to run on the network appliances we have on-hand (Supermicro with Chelsio SFP+ cards). I’ll be putting together a test lab this weekend and can start reporting back as I go.

The hardware compatibility aside, a major hurdle is still offloading packet inspection to XDP, correct? From what I understand, support for this is still under development and restricted to the 1.4 branch.

It’s been great running VyOS in hypervisors and test labs on 1Gb-capable gear, but as an ISP needing to route lots of optical traffic from a diverse outside plant, we need some better bare metal options. I saw last fall that a partnership with EPS Global would be making certified appliances available, and there look to be a few 10Gb-capable options like this one included, but they look more like CPE than DC options.

I’m hoping to learn more about that this week.