How to setup pxe + uefi boot support with dhcp service of vyos

I am trying to replace a PfSense DHCP server which is configured to provide PXE options; what I’m trying to achieve is similar to this issue, however the solution mentioned there isn’t working for me.

In PfSense I have the options to provide a BIOS boot file, an UEFI 32 bit file name and an UEFI 64 bit file name within the DHCP server settings. I would like to achieve the same within vyos; is this possible?

Hi, @PTI
Follow my formal topic may it will be help you about this issue.

VyOS with isc-dchp as the dhcp server, vyos didn’t implement pxe function ,but you can setup pxe configuration with parameters .

I tried your solution but committing produces an error.

My solution is for windows wds server settings. Maybe you can try to install ISC-DHCP server. after test the configuration with isc-dhcp server . then you can change the parameters on vyos as you wish.

It is possible with a little configuration. 10.1.2.250 is the PXE server, which i did not want to install a vyos.

set service dhcp-server global-parameters 'option arch code 93 = unsigned integer 16;'
set service dhcp-server shared-network-name SERVERMAN subnet 10.1.2.0/24 bootfile-server '10.1.2.250'
set service dhcp-server shared-network-name SERVERMAN subnet 10.1.2.0/24 subnet-parameters 'if option arch = 00:09 { filename "bootnetx64.efi"; }'
set service dhcp-server shared-network-name SERVERMAN subnet 10.1.2.0/24 subnet-parameters 'if option arch = 00:07 { filename "bootnetx64.efi"; }'
set service dhcp-server shared-network-name SERVERMAN subnet 10.1.2.0/24 subnet-parameters 'if option arch = 00:00 { filename "pxelinux.0"; }'

Testet with UEFI 64 and Old PXE boot. I think the i looked at how PfSense configured this, and did it almost the same way.

@ahe thank you for your suggestion, I will try this asap!