Include DHCP static leases on 'show dhcp server leases'

At this time, the runtime command ‘show dhcp server leases’ only shows the dynamic IP assignments.
However, in come situations the DHCP is used to also “assign” static IP addresses to resources, so that you have a central location to mage the IPs used.

Would be very handy to include the static leases also, so that an operator can double check or figure out what IP interface X is using.

I can see that this has been discussed previously by other people, such as at:

Regarding the fields, even when a static mapping is used, the client device still threats it as a normal DHCP assignment, with a start and expiration time and it seems to match the lease time defined on the shared-network-name in question.
As such, all field can remain the same way, with the exception of “Origin”, where I would like to suggest to include something like “local static”, to differentiate to dynamic leases.

I’m still raising these feature request as someone using VyOS 1.4 and to also understand the state of this.

1. Is this functionality being considered to be included in the future?
  2. If yes, will it be included on 1.5 and only on 1.5 and not for example 1.4 currently near prod release?

Thanks.

4 Likes