Unable to create image from source

Hi,

I was trying to build vyos from source, as suggested earlier (Building VYOS image from source) I compiled the source code of vyatta-quagga and try to build it using debuild -b -us -uc.
The command creates a deb file but when I do a make iso in vyos-build directory, it crashes with the following error:
Errors were encountered while processing:
/root/packages/./vyatta-quagga_0.99.20.1-14+vyos2+current1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Could you help me understand why the build crashes?

Quagga is no longer used in VyOS. It was replaced in favour of FRR.

It’s not a crash, its just an error. You should have more error output otherwise set DH_VERBOSE=1.
It does work for me with no issues at all:

git clone GitHub - vyos-legacy/vyatta-quagga: BGP/OSPF/RIP/RIB routing daemons
cd vyatta-quagga/
dpkg-buildpackage -b -tc -us -uc
Sep 10 09:16 vyatta-quagga_0.99.20.1-14+vyos2+current1_amd64.changes
Sep 10 09:16 vyatta-quagga_0.99.20.1-14+vyos2+current1_amd64.deb
Sep 10 09:16 vyatta-quagga-dbg_0.99.20.1-14+vyos2+current1_amd64.deb

Plus the fact as cpo wrote, is not used anymore, but building the pkg from scratch will still work.

Hi All,

Thanks for the quick response.

I was trying to build a new daemon parallel to ospf/rip/bgp. As you guys mentioned, I have moved to FRR and trying to build from source. I followed the steps in the following link and was able to bring the ISO up from source.

I wanted to know if there is any way I can save all the downloaded debs in a cache location, so that every time I do a make iso it doesn’t go and fetch from the internet where as pick from my local cache.

TIA

You would have to modify the make process. Besides it’s not a good idea, since you would be prone of missing important updates. I would rather extend it, mount the built iso, install whatever you need to install and unmount again.